Day in history for April 27, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- We are now asked to announce that the crossing of the Mississippi railroad bridge will be suspended for a few days.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- This evening the Odd Fellows of Rock Island celebrated the 62nd anniversary of the establishment of the order in their lodge rooms over the First National Bank.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Lawrence Gowling received word that his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Gowling, had been injured in the San Francisco earthquake.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Funeral services for George W. Johnson, 73, president of the Moline Furniture Works and dean of the county Republican Central Committee, will be held at 2 Wednesday afternoon in his home, 4129 7th Ave., Moline, and at 2:30 at the First Lutheran Church.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The Rev. Ellis Youngdahl, chaplain of Moline Lutheran Hospital, will give the rite of dedication at the dedication service of the new chapel in the hospital Sunday.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Mary Ann Blean won $500 shooting pool Sunday, that's a lot of quarters. Blean, of Erie, won first prize in the Illinois Coin Machine Operators Association Eight-Ball Tournament at Springfield's Holiday Inn East, proving there is a place at the slate for women.
Back: Available days in April 2006