Day in history for April 25, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Farwell, silver plater, whose place of business is on Eagle Street, is making an elegant article in silver-plated name plates for front doors.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The bridge committee of the City Council decided today to rebuild the Milan Road bridge.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Tri-City newspapermen yesterday inspected the new Arsenal Golf Club building as guests of Col. S.E. Blunt.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Mayor Chester Thompson of Rock Island and Mayor-elect John F. Huey of Moline expressed their general approval today of The Argus' proposal for a new arterial highway to Moline and East Moline from Rock Island.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- A parking lot for 140 cars on 5th Ave., east of 18th St., Rock Island, was as improbable as a trip to the moon when John Volk built five substantial residences for his children around the turn of the century. Now, the parking lot is only as far away as the legal niceties of a condemnation suit in Rock Island County Circuit Court.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Larry Carlson And Associates Inc., Moline, has submitted the apparent low bid of $1.79 million to the Rock Island District, Army Corps of Engineers, for modifications to the Clock Tower Building on Arsenal Island.
Back: Available days in April 2006