Day in history for April 15, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Why doesn't somebody build dwelling houses to accommodate our increasing population? We know of several who have gone to Davenport and other places to locate who should have remained in Rock Island could they have found houses to live in.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Josephine was the first boat of the season to dock here, the arrival being made this morning.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- John Bufford Post, Grand Army of the Republic, was today advocating the election of Comrade E.H. Buck for department commander.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Plans for a $1,750,000 toll bridge over the Mississippi River between Moline and Bettendorf received the endorsement of the Davenport City Council.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Stay off Highway 67 on Saturday between 4 and 8 p.m. if you want to play odds in your favor and avoid an accident, the Iowa Highway Patrol advised today. A study of 104 accidents in Scott County between Jan. 1 and April 1 revealed the highway, the day and time included in the greatest number of crashes.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- About 80 windows were broken Tuesday night at United Township High School South Campus in what a school official called the worst incident of vandalism there in at least four years.
Back: Available days in April 2006