Day in history for March 8, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Our citizens have expressed their admiration of the firmness and efficiency of Dep. Marshal Barnet and Policemen Lavee and Reddig in enforcing the city laws.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Squire Hayden caught his office boy stealing money from his office today and caused his arrest. The lad may be sent to the reform school.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Mrs. Mary Montgomery was hostess to a company of ladies yesterday at a military euchre complimentary.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Funeral services for Thomas B. Reidy, 63, dean of the Rock Island real estate board and a life resident of the city, will be held tomorrow morning.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Illinois Highway Department workers are surveying Black Hawk Road for a future widening project. The contemplated work would extend along the full length of the road, from 11th Street (Highway 67) in Rock Island east to 27th Street (Highway 150) south of Moline.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Rural Township Supervisor Frank DeKeyrel, an adjoining property owner to a proposed landfill site at 141st Avenue and Coyne Center Road, said he received notice from the IEPA that James Kiesow, of 1727 9th Ave., Moline, has asked for a landfill development permit.
Back: Available days in March 2006