Day in history for March 4, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- A bill has been introduced into the Senate authorizing the building of steam-powered sloops of war.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- N. Folson stated in The Argus that he had lived here a good many winters but that the present winter ''beats 'em all.''
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- J.W. Hall, general yardmaster of the Rock Island Road for the three cities and Silvis, was transferred to the Peoria yard.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- County treasurer E. Clifford Hall today announced the personnel of his office staff for the spring collection of taxes and fixed March 16, tentatively, as the date for beginning the task of gathering $3,108,287.79 in levies.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Appointment of James McLaughlin, Moline, as consultant to the federal Small Business Administration today was confirmed by Mrs. Ramona L. Neff, assistant director of personnel for National Republican headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- The Moline Public Library is hosting a display of Snoopy memorabilia collected during the last eight years by Chris Elkins, 10, of Moline. The display includes cars, books, clothing, ceramic figures, stuffed Snoopies and Woodstocks. The display may be seen at the main library throughout March.
Back: Available days in March 2006