Day in history for March 30, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Saturday afternoon the ice broke up in the channel of the river and took its leave. Yesterday skiffs were running to Davenport.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Several from here attended the Scott County Temperance Convention in Davenport yesterday. A county temperance convention will be held in the First Methodist Church here tomorrow.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Tomorrow evening the Sunday school of the Broadway Presbyterian Church will celebrate its 31st anniversary.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Knute Rockne, famous football coach of the University of Notre Dame, and seven others were killed when a Trans-Continental And Western Air passenger and air mail plane crashed in flames today in a pasture several miles southwest of Bazaar, Kansas. Rockne, 43, just sent his Notre Dame gridders through two unbeaten seasons.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Petitions are being circulated in East Moline to allow the grade school board to sell the Campbell School building in the Watertown area.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- People in Prophetstown got little or no warning before a tornado skipped around town Sunday night. The storm left behind ''millions of dollars'' of damage to four homes and four businesses, but no one was hurt.
Back: Available days in March 2006