Day in history for March 22, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Friends of education respectfully are requested to meet at the courthouse at 7 o'clock to decide on a definite plan for building a union or high school house.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Diamond Jo Co. will have the first boat up this season, the Josephine.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- It was announced today that J.F. Lardner is to be general manager of the joint properties of the combined Tri-City utilities.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Representatives of the Rock Island Welfare Association will solicit the people of this community tomorrow in an effort to raise a relief fund of $35,000. This sum must be raised if the poor and needy of Rock Island are to be adequately cared for.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- A permit for the construction of a $65,000 medical clinic building at 532 19th Ave., Moline, was issued today to Drs. Silvio Errico and David W. Murrell by Gust B. Faust, city building inspector.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Moline's railroad overpass is heading for the finish line after almost five years of construction, disputes and misunderstanding among representatives of the city, the Army Corps of Engineers, the bridge's designers and the owner of the land near the exit at 14th Street and 4th Avenue.
Back: Available days in March 2006