Day in history for March 19, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The new Methodist Episcopal Church in Rock Island will be dedicated April 20.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- E.D. Sweeney will soon commence the erection of a new building at 20th Street and 2nd Avenue, Rock Island.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The Young People's Assn. of Broadway Presbyterian Church in Rock Island will give a genuine old-time quilting bee at the YMCA Friday night.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Reductions of five to ten percent in salaries of all employees of the International Harvester Co., except factory wage earners, will be effective April 1.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Plans for rebuilding the three-story structure at 217 Perry St., Davenport, occupied by Nu-Way Rug Co., which was gutted by fire late Saturday, were being considered today by Harold Heine, owner of the business and the building, as an investigation continued in the cause of the blaze.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Moline and Davenport are among cities being considered by the Milwaukee-based Kohl's Department Store chain as sites for new stores. The company plans to build 19 stores during the next five years as part of a $60 million expansion which would take the company outside Wisconsin for the first time.
Back: Available days in March 2006