Day in history for February 7, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Our readers will have noticed by an advertisement which we published some days ago, that Mr. W.H. Rhawn is now the sole owner of the Island City Bookstore, and will continue the business in his own name.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- At a meeting of the Rock Island County Agricultural Society Saturday the report of the treasurer, E.P. Feaster, stated that the society was in splendid condition.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Public utilities of the Tri-Cities today effected a merger. J.F. Lardner became general manager of the Tri-City Railway Co., and S.S. Davis general manager of the Peoples Power Co.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Amelia Earhart, trans-Atlantic flier, and George P. Putnam, publisher, were married today.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Margie Frye, of Davenport, will make her first home-town appearance Friday night at East Davenport Turner Hall when she meets Donna Dillenger, of Columbus, Ohio, in a first round bout beginning at 8:30.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- When fire destroyed the old Irving School last fall, Grant, 2430 6th Ave., Moline, became the last of a long line of bell-ringing schools. The Irving School bell was salvaged and set as a monument in the new Lincoln-Irving School.
Back: Available days in February 2006