Day in history for February 6, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- We would call attention to an ordinance, passed on Monday last, as published in our paper this morning, and ask if a Philadelphia lawyer can tell what the first section means.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- At the Christian chapel the Rev. A. Searles preached this morning on ''The Love of God.''
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- A deal was consumated today involving the transfer of the Gilipin Moore property in Rock Island and Moline to F.J. Lewis.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- As a barometer of business to come, the Quad-City Automobile Show in the Boone Building, Rock Island, indicates that a public which has been saving its money for a day of deluge has caught a gleam of silver or gold amid the Duco and chromeplate and is ready to buy new automobiles.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- An estimated 300 to 350 rats were killed during the weekend as the Rock Island Health Department's war on rats continued in the city dump near Sunset Park.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- East Moline's July 4 fireworks show, for 23 years a mainstay in the Quad-Cities Independence Day celebrations, won't be held this year. Fred Schultz of the East Moline-Silvis AMVETS said the organization can no longer afford the show.
Back: Available days in February 2006