Day in history for February 25, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Mons D. Garbrecht will give a vocal and instrumental concert at the Second Presbyterian Church Tuesday evening. A violin, piano and accordion will be the instruments used.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Dr. W.T. Boughton, who has just located in Edgington, paid The Argus a visit today.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- A dispatch from Dubuque, Iowa, announced the death of D.B. Henderson, ex-speaker of the House of Representatives.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- The resignation of Miss Dora Carlson as dean of women at Augustana College was accepted with regrets at the meeting of the board of directors of the college yesterday. Miss Carlson will be succeeded by Miss Ruth Pearson, present dean of women at the Nebraska State College, Wayne, Neb.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Mr. and Mrs. Sam Woodburn, Port Byron, are the ''Young Marrieds'' featured in the March issue of Farm Journal Magazine. In a story based on personal experience, Nancy Woodburn tells what happens ''When a Town Girl Marries a Farmer.''
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- The vacant Adler Building at the East Moline Correctional Center may be used to double the prison's space. The project, if approved, would mean the prison is capable of serving 400 inmates.
Back: Available days in February 2006