Day in history for February 15, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- For the last two or three days our community has been agitated by reports that the suspension bridge over Niagara has broken down with a train of passenger cars upon it. The report is wholly without foundation.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- At the Kahlke Boat Yard the frame of a new raft boat being built for S. And C. Atlee of Fort Madison was being set up. The boat will be 132 ft. long.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Frank S. Regan, cartoonist, lectured at Broadway Church last night on ''The American Small Boy.''
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- The third Tri-City Symphony Orchestra concert is tomorrow afternoon at 3 in the Davenport Masonic Temple and the fourth concert of the season by Herbert Silberstein and his concert orchestra is Tuesday evening at 8:15 at the Davenport Municipal Art Gallery.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Earl H. Hanson, Rock Island superintendent of schools, will attend the national convention of the American Association of School Administrators at Atlantic City, N.J.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Gene Collingwood has set a record for staying on the job by serving as Alpha mayor for 28 years. Collingwood, 63, stuck with the post to see through a recently completed $950,000 sewer improvement project.
Back: Available days in February 2006