Day in history for February 13, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- We are always glad to receive communications upon any matter of public interest, but they must always be accompanied by a responsible name.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- J.F. McKibbern, manager of the American Express Co., was ill at his home today.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Gov. A.B. Cummins of Iowa delivered an address on Abraham Lincoln last night at the annual dinner of the Rock Island Club.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Maj. Glen E. Edgerton, Rock Island District Engineer, today said that specifications for the Rock Island locks project have been approved with minor modifications and that advertisements for bids will be sent out late next week.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- An investigation by the Rock Island County sheriff's office of reports of large animal footprints in the vicinity of 48th St. and 18th Ave., Moline, this morning turned up no evidence of any such beast.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- A Peoria businessman told Moline officials he wants to build a 30-acre family fun park with rides and an arcade near 47th Ave. and 53rd St. Kendall Toureene of Group VI of Peoria asked the Moline Plan Commission for a zoning variance so the firm can build the park on land now zoned for multi-family residential use.
Back: Available days in February 2006