Day in history for February 10, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- One of the many notoriously bad women who infest this city has made several public exhibitions of herself lately in male attire. Saturday evening while passing along Illinois Street, dressed out in the same style, she was arrested by officers Reddig and Lavee and lodged in the county jail.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Board of Supervisors was in receipt of seven applications for the vacant stewardship of the County Poor Farm.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The annual Lincoln Day Banquet of the Rock Island Club will be held next Monday evening. Speakers will include Gov. A.B. Cummins of Iowa, E.F. Baldwin of the Peoria Star, and the Rev. Granville H. Sherwood, rector of Trinity Episcopal Church.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- The Illinois House of Representatives passed the O'Grady dry repeal bill 91 to 56.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Births in Rock Island during January numbered 81, including 41 boys and 40 girls. The births included mixed twins born to Mr. and Mrs. John A. Herrmann.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- A Chicago Motor Club gasoline price survey shows Quad-Cities residents a week ago were paying: Between $1.219 and $1.28 per gallon for regular and $1.269 and $1.32 for unleaded at self-service pumps.
Back: Available days in February 2006