Day in history for January 7, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The Chicago guests of the M And M Railroad to Iowa City returned to Rock Island yesterday and stopped at the Island City Hotel. They represented that the celebration was entirely successful.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The firm of Bamberger And Co. was dissolved. R. Kaufman of Chicago succeeds to the business. H.C. Wivill will also remain.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The medical staff of the St. Anthony's Hospital passed a resolution of appreciation of the action of Matthias Schnell, who on the occasion of his last visit delivered up the first mortgage held by him.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- The problem of extending the Rock Island waterworks intake or for building an interceptor sewer for carrying sewage downstream past the city will lie with the description of Col. George Spaulding, the divisional army engineer at St. Louis.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Davenport officials today moved to arrange for additional financing to cover the cost of a second municipal swimming pool to be built in Duck Creek Park.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island police have cited at least 83 persons for failing to obtain wheel-tax stickers. Persons with cars registered in Rock Island were required to purchase the stickers by Dec. 1.
Back: Available days in January 2006