Day in history for January 21, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Parmlee and Mr. Drake in their neatly furnished gallery are prepared to execute likenesses in the improved daguerreotype styles.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- In a railway accident on the Rock Island Railroad at Pond Creek, near Tiskilwa, Peter Wilson of Rock Island sustained a scalp injury and contusions.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- There was a drop of 50 degrees in temperature today.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Two bandits obtained $287 in currency and checks and slugged Mrs. Esther Friedman, 44, of Rock Island, mother of the proprietor, into unconsciousness in a holdup at the Grand Market, 3rd and Scott Sts., Davenport, last night.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Davenport relatives today recalled the professional career of Louise Carver Murray, 87, a native of Davenport, who died Thursday in Hollywood. Known professionally at ''Aunt Louise'' Carver, she had a long stage and movie career and was one of Hollywood's first comedians.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- The Moline Industrial Development Commission is recommending the city spend $20,000 to hire a consultant to lure new firms to the city. Mayor Lawrence Lorensen, an MIDC member, submitted that and other recommendations to the city council Tuesday.
Back: Available days in January 2006