Day in history for January 13, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The Chicago and Rock Island Railroad has issued a new timetable. The express train for Chicago now leaves this city at 6:30 in the morning, arriving in Chicago at 2:45 in the afternoon.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The People's Convention nominated M.D. Hauberg for sheriff on the seventh ballot yesterday.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Island City Court of Honor No. 855 installed G. Baumbach as chancellor last night.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Plans for a combined Quad-City Automobile Show, to be held in Rock Island, were conditionally approved at a meeting of representative dealers from Rock Island, Davenport, Moline and East Moline.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Seven members of the Rock Island Junior Chamber of Commerce will attend the banquet at Springfield tomorrow at which the nation's top 10 Outstanding Young Men will be presented their national awards. Vice President Richard Nixon will be the main speaker.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- The Carl Gamble Observatory atop the John Deere Planetarium at Augustana College will be open to the public between 2 and 3:30 a.m. Wednesday for the viewing of a rare astronomical occurrence. Visitors will be able to see the first of three conjunctions of the planets Jupiter and Saturn that will occur this year.
Back: Available days in January 2006