Day in history for December 6, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The population of Rock Island is how many thousand? We are utterly astonished upon receipt of the information that the number of pupils furnished by this population to fill our seminary or academy is the insignificant one of but 22.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The monthly meeting of the local branch of the Irish Land League was held yesterday afternoon at Norris Hall. Dan Daly, chairman of the executive committee, made a report and several new members were received.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- W.P. Eichelsdoerfer returned today from a hunting trip in the course of which he went by mule team from Chamberlain, S.D., to the Bad Lands.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The central depot of The Argus Emergency Relief Committee received wide cooperation as it opened today at 425 17th St., Rock Island. The fund now totals nearly $8,000.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- The Milan Village Board last night authorized overtures toward bringing back the Memri Drive-In Theater back inside the village limits.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Commonwealth Edison Co. once again is asking for approval to ship spent nuclear fuel from its Dresden Power Station in Morris to the Quad-Cities Nuclear Generating Station in Cordova.
Back: Available days in December 2005