Day in history for December 3, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- A meeting of the citizens of Rock Island will be held in the courthouse in relation to the R.I. And Peoria Railroad and the Warsaw And Rockford Railroad.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- J.L. Adams was elected as the noble grand of Ucal Lodge No. 608, Odd Fellows.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Irving Thompkins of Buffalo Prairie died of pneumonia. He was 38 years old and is survived by the widow and three children.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- It was announced in Washington that a supplementary appropriation of several million dollars for nine-foot channel work and a Rock Island dam were to be asked by the War Department. A $6,500,000 dam at Rock Island was announced as one of the first major steps in the proposed channel program.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Plans for further expansion of the Quad-City Airport during the next four years at an estimated cost of more than $4 million were announced by the Board of Commissioners of the Metropolitan Airport Authority of Rock Island County.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The jury that found former Rock Island chief accountant Margaret Kinion guilty of 63 counts of theft Tuesday first decided she was guilty of the charges, then decided she was sane when she stole the money.
Back: Available days in December 2005