Day in history for December 2, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- We are under obligations to the Hon. John Wentworth for a large, beautifully printed volume containing the full reports of the explorations of all the different railroad routes to the Pacific.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Mrs. W.H. Truesdale and daughter, with Miss Jessie Topping of Terre Haute, Ind., are here on a visit with Dr. Truesdale and family.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island Elks Club will unite with the Moline Elks tomorrow and memorial exercises for departed members will be held at Christ Episcopal Church, Moline, where M.J. Dougherty of Galesburg will be the speaker.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- An outline of activities for the coming months was given by Harold L. Davis, new general secretary of the Rock Island YMCA last night in his first formal meeting with the directors of the association.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Information about the proposed annexation of Milan to Rock Island will be studied and reported by a fact finding group known as the Milan-Rock Island Merger Study Committee.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A storm packing winds of between 20 and 30 mph dumped 1.6 inches of snow on the Quad-Cities overnight, triggering a rash of traffic jams and minor accidents.
Back: Available days in December 2005