Day in history for December 17, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- A little girl, about 15 months old, whose father died in Milwaukee recently and whose mother is not able to support her is offered as a gift to any good family who will take her and bring her up respectably. For further information call on Mr. Blumback, corner of Rock River and Buffalo.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- E.P. Reynolds and his wife and Mrs. Phillips arrived home yesterday from Nebraska.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- R.C. Imse, who for the last eight-and-a-half years has been manager of the Rock Island Sash and Door Works, resigned.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Negotiations were completed today, awaiting final action of the stockholders of the two institutions, for the merger of the First National Bank and the Union Saving Bank and Trust Co. of Davenport.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- East Moline police were checking a number of leads today in the armed holdup staged at midnight yesterday in the Little Cowbell tavern, 1408 6th St., East Moline.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The Rock Island County chapter of the American Cancer Society has opened a new office in Lutheran Hospital in Moline, where cancer patients may obtain information and equipment to help them and their families with cancer-related problems.
Back: Available days in December 2005