Day in history for December 13, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Yesterday we noticed Mr. P.P. Sanders delivering an eloquent oration upon the sublime beauties of his patent knife sharpener and glass cutter.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The investigating committee of the County Board of Supervisors will make a report tomorrow.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Mrs. Ella Godfrey was elected oracle of Prosperity Camp No. 3831, Royal Neighbors of America.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- An attempt to murder Lewis R. Gaylord, former deputy sheriff, presumably in retaliation for his activities against bootleggers, was made last night when a bomb was exploded at the side of his home, 739 25th St., Moline.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Mrs. Ben H. Potter, 55 Hawthorne Road, Rock Island, died at 11:15 this morning in the Potter residence following an extended illness. Mrs. Potter was the wife of the editor and co-publisher of The Argus and president of Rock Island Broadcasting Co., which owns and operates WHBF.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Students at United Township High School have been busy as Santa's elves, putting the finishing touches on 30 wooden cradles and 30 wooden fire trucks. The toys, being fashioned in industrial arts and home economics classes, will be given to children at Christmas.
Back: Available days in December 2005