Day in history for December 12, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Attention is requested to the notice of a meeting of the school directors of this township at Mr. Swander's office tomorrow evening. It is important that every man should be on hand.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- It was ascertained that the charter of the Milan bridges does not expire until May 27, 1882, instead of Feb. 1, 1881.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The City Council voted last night to advertise for bids for a new truck and fire alarm system.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- South Rock Island wants revision of present ward boundaries to equalize the wards with reference to population and area.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Two Illinois highway patrolmen from Moline and Andalusia are to receive the outstanding achievement award for 1954 during a meeting tonight in Springfield of the State Police Benevolent Assn. They are Maurice DeMaught, Moline, and John Erhart, Andalusia.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A Moline architect is leading the fight to salvage an ''architectural gem'' at Rock Island's closed Lincoln School before the building is auctioned or demolished. Tevis C. Freeman wants an ornate, stone-and-ironwork arch entryway saved for possible display on Rock Island's Great River Plaza mall.
Back: Available days in December 2005