Day in history for November 9, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Rev. Mr. Van Meter, missionary, will address the good people of Rock Island next Sunday evening at 7 in the First Presbyterian Church.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Carl Strack, publisher of the Sterling Beobachted, was a visitor here today.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- W.M. McIntyre will be toastmaster at a supper to be held Saturday evening for active members of the YMCA.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- An owl-hunting expedition by three Rock Island boys was brought to an unexpected end at 11 this morning when Lawrence Means, 15, son of Mr. and Mrs. O.H. Means, 1536 42nd St., was accidently shot in the lower part of the back. His condition is not regarded as serious.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Work on a new $60,000 sales and service building for Piggott Motor Co. is under way at the site of its present used car lot at 2704 11th St., Rock Island.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Sally Lundahl didn't want anything to stop her from getting married Saturday, not even a stay in Moline's Lutheran Hospital. She was delivered by wheelchair at 5 p.m. to the door of the hospital chapel, where she walked down the aisle to become the bride of Michael S. Faull, 25, of Chicago, in a 10-minute ceremony.
Back: Available days in November 2005