Day in history for November 7, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The circuit court of Rock Island County commenced its fall session. Hon. Onslow Peters, judge of the Peoria circuit, holds this term by invitation of Judge Drury.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Rev. J.A. McGaw of the Central Presbyterian Church preached this morning on ''Joseph, the Successful Man.''
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Mr. and Mrs. William Thompson were surprised by a number of friends last night, the occasion being their fourth wedding anniversary.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- In an effort to aid employment conditions in the Quad-Cities area, it was reported that work on the Rock Island lock and dam would be started next March, instead of in the spring of 1932.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Damage that may run as high as several thousand dollars was tabulated today by fire department officials who sifted fire debris at the Royal Cafe, 903 15th Ave., East Moline.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The son of a former Geneseo couple has learned that he will be assigned to the White House staff of President-elect Ronald Reagan. Gregory Newell, 31, son of Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Newell of Hayward, Calif., served the last three months as Reagan's director of campaign scheduling in Washington, D.C.
Back: Available days in November 2005