Day in history for November 6, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The many friends of the Rt. Rev. Henry W, Lee, bishop of the diocese of Iowa, will learn with pleasure that he arrived in Davenport last Saturday. We are informed that Bishop Lee will make Davenport his future residence.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- It was announced that the biggest dog in this district is owned by Robert Burchell of Erie. The animal weighs 185 pounds and is still growing.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- ''An Orphan's Prayer'' will be the attraction at the Illinois Theater on the evening of Nov. 14.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Harold Holmes, Woodhull farmer, won the state corn husking championship at Shirley, Ill.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Area grid fans have contributed a total of $329.25 toward the support of the U.S. Olympic team's competition in the world games. Saturday at the Augustana-Lake Forest College football game $47.50 was received. Earlier, fans at the Rock Island-Moline High School game contributed $281.75.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Pre-election polls favored the white-tailed deer and red fox in the election for state animal, but vigorous campaigning by the raccoon party at Logan School, 1602 25th St., Moline, swung the vote in the ring-tailed animal's favor.
Back: Available days in November 2005