Day in history for November 4, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The numerous friends of Leonard W. Volk will be glad to know that he has safely arrived in Europe. We are very sure that Rock Island will be proud of the achievement he will make in the profession he has chosen. Mr. Volk, brother of C.G. Volk of Rock Island, was on his way to Rome to study art.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Argus was still claiming that the presidential election was in doubt, affirming that the result continued to hinge on New York.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Memorial resolutions were adopted last night by the medical and surgical staff of St. Anthony's Hospital in memory of the late Mother Superior Mary Michael.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- H.L. Davis, Toledo, Ohio, accepted a position as general secretary of the Rock Island YMCA, it was announced today by the ''Y'' board of directors.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- A stained glass window in memory of Ida D. and Adele Goldstein will be dedicated at 8 tonight in Florence Frankel Memorial Hall at the Tri-City Jewish Center, during late Sabbath eve services.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Someone shot out two plate glass windows valued at about $500 sometime during the weekend at Landin's Lamps, 3152 23rd Ave., Moline.
Back: Available days in November 2005