Day in history for November 28, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Calvin Martin was brought before Justice Swander. He was charged with stealing a cap from Goldberry's store. He was required to find bail in the sum of $25.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Dr. John Rauch, secretary of the state board of health, addressed the Rock Island city council on the sewage problem.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Carl Thomas died last night after an illness of less than 24 hours. He served 30 years at the Rock Island Lines roundhouse.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- George Thorpe, 42, was held for investigation in connection with several recent hold-ups, including the robbery of the State Bank of Taylor Ridge, two Rock Island filling stations and a Rock Island grocery store.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Three finalists in the ''Voice of Democracy'' speech contest will present their orations over radio station WHBF in a 45-minute program starting at 9:15 tonight. Art Romans, Judy Katz and Dwight Coffin are students at Rock Island High School.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The next Santa Claus you see could be wearing stolen property. Four or five red corduroy Santa suits trimmed with white fur and six or seven white wig-and-whiskers sets were taken from The Rental Center, 1340 31st St., Rock Island.
Back: Available days in November 2005