Day in history for November 27, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- We are pleased to notice that Dr. J.R. Hayes has opened a new drug and prescription store opposite the Island City Hotel.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Turners Society expect their coming fair will be the most attractive of any season.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Miss Helen S. Mills, who is attending the Bradley Polytechnic Institute at Peoria, spent Sunday with relatives and friends in Rock Island.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- After 21 years as a shoe dealer, Mrs. Edwin Gamble of Milan has closed out her stock and is retiring. Mrs. Gamble took over the shoe business of her father, Fred Kuehl, who was in business in Milan for 35 years.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Despite inclement weather, the First Methodist Church of Rock Island was filled for its 125th anniversary service Sunday morning and for the birthday party at noon.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island sheriff's investigator Mike Grchan expects more arrests will be made in connection with a theft ring at Deere And Co. Seven persons already have been charged. He said ''probaby tens of thousands of dollars'' worth of chain saws, log splitters, snow blowers, oil, paint and batteries were taken from the John Deere Parts Depot in East Moline.
Back: Available days in November 2005