Day in history for November 22, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- A meeting of the new Rock Island city council was held yesterday for the purpose of organization.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Davenport and Milan millers have advanced the price of flour 40 cents per barrel and bran $1 per ton.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- A delightful thimble party was given by Mrs. W.E. Bailey at her home on 18th Avenue, Rock Island, about 25 ladies being entertained.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island and Mercer County authorities are convinced that the bandits who held up the Farmers Bank of New Windsor Thursday afternoon and escaped with $1,500 are members of a gang that includes Glenn Nichols, Harold Smith and Gladys Crawford, a trio that has been sought in connection with 8 or 10 bank holdups.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- The cornerstone of the new $220,000 convent of Sacred Heart Catholic Church parish, Moline, will be officially laid at ceremonies at 2 next Sunday afternoon.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- When 26-year-old Randy Howard saw a rope swing by outside the window of his burning Las Vegas hotel early Friday morning, he knew it was the only way to save his life. Howard, of East Moline, grabbed it and slowly made his way down 14 stories to safety.
Back: Available days in November 2005