Day in history for November 19, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- At a meeting of the Rock Island Library Board, it was resolved that the Library Hall, after the arrival and arrangement of the books, be opened two successive days for the admission of all citizens desirous of visiting the rooms.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- George Lamont left for St. Louis last evening.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- About 20 of the playmates of William Hansgen were his guests yesterday at a party given in honor of his birthday at his home, 848 20th St., Rock Island.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Businessmen of Rock Island, Moline, East Moline and Silvis joined with residents of Port Byron, Rapids City, Hampton and Cordova yesterday in celebrating the formal opening of the East Moline-Port Byron link in Highway 80 paving.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- The Texas Cow Girls, female basketball team, will present an exhibition game on Dec. 6 at United Township High School. They will play the men's team of the East Moline Square Deal Coal Co.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- East Moline Mayor Dennis Jacobs began work Monday as an accountant at the East Moline Correctional Center. Jacobs said Warden Richard Gramley hired him late last month for the $15,000-a-year post.
Back: Available days in November 2005