Day in history for November 11, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The Island City Hotel is crowded with guests every day. Among the distinguished persons present during court are his honor Judge Peters; Mr. Miller, prosecuting attorney; Mr. Goudey, Fulton County; Sen. Graham; Sheriff Davenport of Henry County, and many others.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The corporate association which controls the Rodman Rifles Co. effected an organization as follows: President, J.S. Dart; vice president, C.C. Carter; secretary, R.M. Sweeney; treasurer, H.L. Schill.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The big railroad yards at New Shops were used this week for the first time.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- A United Catholic Charities group of Rock Island was organized and more than $1,600 was pledged to form the nucleus of the fund.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- The Rock Island Savings and Loan Assn., which has occupied its present quarters on the second floor of the First National Bank Building for about 63 years, today announced the leasing of the first floor of the brick structure at 423-425 17th St.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- United Township High School officials Monday reviewed initial design plans for $994,000 worth of improvements to Soule Bowl.
Back: Available days in November 2005