Day in history for November 10, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- We hear that the late high winds have raised one side of the new market house roof. It is a pity the whole concern was not blown into the river. We are inclined to believe that it will always be known by the name of ''Harper's Folly.''
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Liquor Dealers' Association was organized yesterday at Turners Hall.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- At a meeting of businessmen last night it was decided to offer every possible inducement to the National Farmers' Congress to convene here next October.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The anniversary of the armistice of 1918 will be observed in the Quad-Cities tomorrow with parades, saluting guns, and the messages of patriotic speakers.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Mrs. George Oliver, Hillsdale, will serve as chairman of the 1955 Christmas Seal Sale to raise funds for tuberculosis control in Rock Island County. The 49th annual sale opens next Wednesday.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- About 1,500 Tampico area residents, more than the town's population of 850, congregated on Main Street Sunday for a group portrait. The backdrop for the photograph was the birthplace of president-elect Ronald Reagan, who was born in Tampico in 1911.
Back: Available days in November 2005