Day in history for October 29, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- A meeting of Rock Island's German citizens will be held at the courthouse next Wednesday evening at 7 for the purpose of establishing a German paper, in cooperation with the Davenport Democrat. Plans are to make one-half of the Democrat a report for Rock Island.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- A Greenback meeting in Turner Hall last night was very poorly attended.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The Wallack Theater Co. opened a three-day engagement tonight at the Illinois Theater with ''For Home and Honor.''
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Three bandits held up the State Bank of Taylor Ridge this morning, escaping with nearly $900 in currency and silver.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- The Most Rev. Ralph L. Hayes, Bishop of Davenport, accompanied by priests of the diocese, blessed the ambulance entrance of the new Mercy Hospital addition this morning and read prayers of dedication.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A reduction in federal funds forced the Moline School Board Tuesday to increase the half-pint price of milk for students from 5 to 9 cents effective Monday. School district comptroller Terry Kramer said the district could lose $18,000 during the school year without the price hike.
Back: Available days in October 2005