Day in history for October 26, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- George W. Harris Jr., son of Mr. George W. Harris, one of the early settlers of Rock Island, died last Tuesday after a hunting accident near Andalusia.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Messrs. Weyerhaeuser and Denkmann of Rock Island, Dimock, Gould And Co. of Moline, and Musser And Co. of Muscatine have purchased 12,000 acres of timber in Wisconsin for $120,000.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The Modern Magi celebrated the opening of their new lodge rooms last night by initiating a class of 50 candidates.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The Rev. Austin J. Hollingsworth of Memorial Christian Church, Rock Island, returned from the World Convention of the Disciples of Christ in Washington, D.C.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- David DeDoncker, 22, East Moline, a law student at the University of Illinois, has been named a student legal assistant to U.S. Dist. Atty. John B. Stoddart Jr., Springfield.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Miss Anna Deere Hewitt, Washington, D.C., became the bride of Joseph Vincent Wolfe, Alexandria, Va., in a ceremony at 3:45 p.m. Saturday in Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Moline. Mr. and Mrs. William Alexander Hewitt, Rock Island, are the bride's parents. The bridegroom is the son of Mrs. Vincent Joseph Wolfe, Moline, and the late Mr. Wolfe.
Back: Available days in October 2005