Day in history for October 15, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- At a meeting of the stockholders of the Rock Island and Peoria Railroad Co., the following were elected: president, Hon. Ben Harper; vice president, Hon. Onslow Peters; treasurer, Hon. William Bailey; secretary, Hon. Ben Graham; attorney, Joseph Knox, Esq.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Dr. J.W. Morgan of Port Byron was admitted to membership of the Iowa and Illinois Central District Medical Assn.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- J.G. Quinlan, principal of the New Boston public schools, visited the public schools of Rock Island with a group of teachers.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Mystery surrounded the fire and explosion which yesterday morning ripped the new $4,600 speed launch Dubuque, the personal inspection boat of Maj. D.L. Hall, Rock Island District, United States Engineers.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- A permit for the construction of J.C. Penney's new store at 1701 5th Ave., Moline, was issued today. The building is to be of two-story design with a full basement.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Moline High School baseball fans may see games ''under the lights'' this spring. The Council of Associated Dads Clubs notified the school board it will donate lights from the Beling Park baseball diamond to the district.
Back: Available days in October 2005