Day in history for October 13, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- A very interesting meeting was held last evening in the Second Presbyterian Church, it being the anniversary of the City Tract Society.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Many from here attended a big Democratic rally in Moline last night. Gen. John M. Palmer delivered the principal address.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- On their return from their wedding trip, Mr. and Mrs. J.M. Cozad were surprised by a number of Modern Woodmen of America employees of the bookkeeping department and were presented a variety of gifts.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island members of the American Legion returned from a convention trip in Boston and the eastern states, where they visited the White House and were greeted by President Herbert Hoover.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Moline Mayor Paul C. Johnson announced today that Moline City Hall will be closed at 1 tomorrow afternoon and remain closed the rest of the afternoon in respect to the late E.H. Sohner, former Moline mayor, who died Tuesday evening.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The old New Windsor Grade School will go on the auction block at 10 a.m. Oct. 25, the Winola School Board has decided. The old structure, built in 1894, sits on six lots in the northwest section of New Windsor.
Back: Available days in October 2005