Day in history for October 11, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The Presbyterian Synod of Peoria is now in session at the Second Presbyterian Church.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Flour has advanced to 24 cents per barrel in the Tri-Cities.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Fire of unknown origin destroyed the Rock Island Arsenal Golf Club and stables early this morning. The total loss was estimated at $7,500, with little insurance.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Approximately 60 representatives from Christian Endeavor societies from Rock Island County gathered last night in the First Christian Church, East Moline, for their seventh annual convention.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Roger L. Spitznas, assistant professor of geology at Augustana College, represented the college at the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Illinois State Geological Survey being held today in Urbana.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The Moline Police Department's ''blue flu'' epidemic comes at a delicate time for both Moline and the Rock Island police officers called in to replace them. Police had to contend with an outdoor beer festival, Rock Island High School's homecoming parade, a state convention in Moline of the NAACP and Vice President Walter Mondale's visit scheduled for today.
Back: Available days in October 2005