Day in history for September 6, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Rock Island citizens met at the courthouse to consult on the matter of building a railroad between Rock Island and Peoria. The railroad was considered vital to the growth of the city.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- A thin house greeted the Georgia Minstrels at the Harper Theater.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The steamer ''Charles B. Pearce,'' with the floating theater ''French's New Sensations,'' arrived here early in the morning from Muscatine.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The Chicago Cubs held a four-game lead over the New York Giants in the race for the National League pennant. Philadelphia led the American League with Washington in second place.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- For the past several weeks the Moline Board of Education has been considering the request for annexation of the Doxee, Milan, Ginger Hill and Ridgewood districts to the Moline school district. The conclusion reached is that those districts should not be annexed at this time.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The new Glenn O. Parmley playground was dedicated during ceremonies Friday night. The former Moline parks superintendent died in February 1979. The playground is located within Moline's Prospect Park.
Back: Available days in September 2005