Day in history for September 25, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- A catfish was recently taken at the dam in Moline which weighed 120 pounds.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Rodman Rifles had their state shoot today.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- There is work for 100 women and girls canning peaches at the canning factory in Sears.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- A trunk hidden beneath a pile of clothing in a room of a house at 926 10th St., Rock Island, yielded three 1-gallon jugs of wine when Rock Island police officers raided the place. The raiders also confiscated 100 bottles of home brew found in a locked chest.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Two 16-year-old and one 17-year-old youths engineered a spectacular escape from the 3rd floor jail at the East Moline City Hall Saturday night as thousands viewed the outdoor entertainment in conjunction with the Fruit Queen Festival.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Moline Little Leaguer Kerri Donis was a big hit in league and all-star play this season, so big she's featured this week in the Faces in the Crowd section of Sports Illustrated. For her efforts, Donis earned the national magazine's silver cup award, an honor she now shares with such names as Chris Evert and Nancy Lopez, who received the same honor at age 12.
Back: Available days in September 2005