Day in history for September 17, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The probate court began its regular monthly session.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Evert's Commandery, Knights Templars, tendered a reception to the Rodman Rifles last night at the Masonic Temple, with music by Bleuer's orchestra.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- E.H. Bowman and Thomas Campbell returned from the west, where they attended the Grand Army of the Republic encampment of Denver.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Deputy Sheriff Floyd Krueger of Drury Township battled 6 prisoners to finally stop an attempted jail break at the Rock Island County Jail.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- A gray haired woman, self-styled as a ''Peace Pilgrim'' has arrived in Davenport on the second half of a 10,000 mile walking tour for world disarmament. Concealing her true identity and age she is now walking into each state capital, speaking to church groups and making radio and television appearances along the way.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The United Township High School board is willing to discuss the sale of 32 acres of school-owned property to Silvis, Mayor Stacy King told aldermen. The city has considered buying the acreage, at John Deere Road near Cliff Heights Golf Center, to build a major sports complex.
Back: Available days in September 2005