Day in history for September 15, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The new market house at the foot of Elk Street, a few steps from the Norris Furniture Store, was progressing finely.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The local Republican committee was preparing to send out thousands of copies of Gov. Collom's speech delivered here recently.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The finals in the ladies handicap golf matches at Rock Island Arsenal Golf Club were played off this morning, with Mrs. Von Schaezler of Davenport defeating Miss Denkmann of Rock Island for the title.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island began a celebration of the 150th anniversary of the westernmost campaign of the Revolutionary War.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- A movement is under way in Milan to seek annexation of the village to the city of Rock Island. Leaders of the movement said that petitions asking for referendum elections on the annexation were being prepared for circulation.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A smooth-working golden retriever, who scored one point below perfect and then won a run-off, topped competition at the Quad-Cities Dog Obedience Club Sunday at the Rock Island County Fairgrounds. Topbrass Stubblefield Pippa is owned and handled by Kay Thompson Guetzloff, Palatine.
Back: Available days in September 2005