Day in history for July 3, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Two steamboats, the Prairie State and the Kentucky, were destroyed by fire. The new fire company from Moline were on hand and rendered efficient service in preventing further damage by the fire.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- A marriage license was issued to Meils Walladsen and Miss Lena Dauber of Rock Island.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The steamer J.S. arrived today and tomorrow will carry three separate excursions to Muscatine from Rock Island.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- A dozen or so persons, who happened to be in the Moline business district about 2 o'clock this morning, were startled by a young woman playing Lady Godiva with an automobile instead of a horse.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- The Rock Island County Fair Association last night announced it has received $59,600 from the State of Illinois Fair and Exposition Fund to erect a building on the 33-acre fair site south of East Moline, purchased May 1.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The Moline Public Library recently completed another step in its preparation for a computerized circulation system. Specific instructions for writing the computer's program were drawn up at a meeting of the libraries involved in the system.
Back: Available days in July 2005