Day in history for June 18, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- Two new books ''The Wife's Victory'' and ''Court of Queen Ann'' were advertised along with many other new works at Warren and Rawhn's Island City Book Store.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The Mississippi River was higher than at anytime within the memory of the oldest inhabitant in Rock Island.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Mrs. Henrietta Rosenfield arrived here from Atlantic City to visit her daughter, Mrs. Fred Levy. Mrs. Rosenfield was accompanied by her son, Abe.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Bobby Jones and MacDonald Smith of the United States and Henry Cotton, a British pro, led the first round of the British Open Golf Championship with first round scores of 70.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Arthur W. Wood, principal of John Deere Junior High School for the last 24 years, today submitted his resignation to the Moline Board of Education. He is leaving Moline to become principal of the Haven Junior High School in Evanston, Ill.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A fire which destroyed the nursery of the First Baptist Church, 1901 29th St., Moline, early Tuesday appears to have been set deliberately. The fire caused about $100,000 damage to the church.
Back: Available days in June 2005