Day in history for June 14, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The Davenport Gazette said the reason many citizens of Davenport came to Rock Island to do their marketing was because of a greater variety of articles available here.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- Dr. J. Carter amputated a finger of the left hand of Daniel Finigan. It had been crushed between the cogs of the ''B'' Mill of the Rock Island Lumber Co.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Mayor McCaskrin named the members of the park board as follows: William Hackson, F.C. Denkmann, Otto Huber, W.H. Dart and E.B. McKown.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Henry O. Seagrave, England, holder of the world's automobile speed record, died from injuries suffered when his speedboat overturned on Lake Windemere in England.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Shore Acres Addition, in the southwest section of Rock Island, was tabbed as a definite health hazard at a committee-of-the-whole meeting of the City Council last night. It was decided to withhold issuing any building permits there until the area is properly platted.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Elena Callas of Moline was one of two University of Iowa golfers to be named to the AIWA All-Region 6 golf team.
Back: Available days in June 2005