Day in history for June 10, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- There were only eight churches in Rock Island.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- B.D. Buford, J.R. Johnson and J.H. Kerr returned to Rock Island from Springfield where they had attended the state Democratic convention.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The graduates of the Villa De Chantal were tendered a dinner and reception by the directress, Sister Frances Borgia. Class day exercises were to be held the following day.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The Brooklyn Dodgers had a four-game lead over the second-place Chicago Cubs, and the Philadelphia Athletics led the American League by six games.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Eleven members of a fast-talking magazine sales crew, most of them teenagers, today were ordered to get out of Rock Island County within 24 hours or face criminal prosecution in county court.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Dean L. Armstrong, Rock Island, has been awarded a college-sponsored, four-year scholarship from Northwestern University, Evanston. Armstrong, valedictorian and commencement speaker this year at Rock Island High School, joins 1,900 other four-year, college-sponsored scholarship winners for 1980.
Back: Available days in June 2005