Day in history for May 7, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- It was learned by The Argus that a man was perfecting plans for the erection of a bath house in the city. Citizens were urged to encourage the enterprise with their patronage.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- A new drinking cup of granite iron was presented at the court house for use at the public pump.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- The Masonic lodges of Rock Island advanced the fees for the first three orders.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Kid Leonard of Moline slugged his way to victory over Billy Hoon of Rock Island in 10 rounds of furious fighting in Davenport Coliseum.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Rodney Brodie, who made medical history 2 1/2 years ago by becoming the first head-joined Siamese twin to survive separation, is in grave condition following an unexpected setback. University of Illinois Research Hospital said the famous 3 1/2 year old boy has a brain hemorrhage.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- A Piper Aztec twin engine plane crash landed early today at the Quad-City Airport, Moline, after a landing gear malfunction. The pilot, Mark McClain from Des Moines, was not injured and the plane incurred only minor damage.
Back: Available days in May 2005