Day in history for May 6, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- John Weston, a Fusion member of the Indiana Senate, elected to that post by the Temperance Moral Reform Party, was reported engaged in the manufacture of whiskey in Noble County, Indiana.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- A Rock Island hotel announced that the new price for rooms in that particular hotel would be 75 cents a day.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Rock Island High School took third place in a track meet at Monmouth.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Over 600 delegates from all over the state gathered in Rock Island for the two-day convention of Illinois division of the Travelers Protective Association of America.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- A bouquet of tulips, all on one stem, is the pride of the garden of Mrs. W.P. Paulsen, 2302 9th St., Rock Island. Five large yellow blossoms emerge from the same stem. The bulbs for these rarities were purchased last spring in Pella, Iowa, during their annual tulip festival.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Marci Schabilion, a junior at Davenport Central High School, has become the first female ever to win the U.S. Secret Service annual Law Enforcement Assistance Award for her help to Davenport police in solving a 1979 armed robbery.
Back: Available days in May 2005