Day in history for May 4, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- The night express train into Rock Island was an hour-and-a-half behind, having been delayed by a freight train off the tracks at Colorado, Illinois.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- A new and enlarged railroad schedule went into operation in Rock Island.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- Lt. and Mrs. James B. Dilliard left Rock Island for their home in Ft. Riley, Kansas, accompanied by Col. James L. Dusk, Mrs. Dilliard's father.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- The Pittsburgh Pirates held a three game lead in the National League pennant race while Washington paced the American loop.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- The Quad-City Airport today was ''temporary base'' for four new H-21 Piasecki helicopters of the Air Force due to a combination of mechanical failure, bad weather and lack of facilities at a rival airport.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- Sunshine, smiles and plenty of ribbons brightened the Mississippi Valley Special Olympics Saturday at Black Hawk College. Over 200 athletes competed in bowling, gymnastics, swimming and track events in the Illinois Quad-Cities' first-ever competition for mentally handicapped athletes.
Back: Available days in May 2005