Day in history for May 22, 2005
- 1855 -- 150 years ago
- We are under obligations to Mr. Grovenbury for delicious fresh fish from Mackinaw. Mr. G. receives a quantity of Mackinaw trout and white fish three times a week.
- 1880 -- 125 years ago
- The county treasurer will have his office open until 9 o'clock every evening during the week for the convenience of taxpayers.
- 1905 -- 100 years ago
- So successful has vaudeville proven in Davenport and Rock Island that Chamberlin, Kindt And Co. will shortly try a run in Moline.
- 1930 -- 75 years ago
- Plans for the first two important social events at the Black Hawk Hills Country Club were announced today. A stag party will be held Saturday night and a dinner-dance is scheduled for June 6.
- 1955 -- 50 years ago
- Among their other duties, Moline police are now looking for an errant bowling ball. Tony Pasdock, Muscatine, said the ball, complete with carrying case, hopped out of his car when the door flew open near 1st St. and 4th Ave. early last night.
- 1980 -- 25 years ago
- The old Jade Dragon restaurant at 515 15th St., Moline, bit the dust today to make room for a new parking lot for First National Bank of Moline.
Back: Available days in May 2005